Thursday, April 2, 2009

T. Boone Pickens - Entrepreneur or Philanthropist?

As one of those persuaded early on - when he first took to the TV airwaves - that Boone Pickens was worth listening to, I'm still persuaded, though too, I'm still uncertain as to whether his motives are philanthropic or entrepreneurial. So much so, in fact, these days I think the new portmanteau "philanthropreneurial" (or should that be "entreprelanthropist?) best describes what he's up to.

I like his vitality, I like his down-home, good-old-boy mien (however put on or affected it may be... he's obviously very sophisticated), and I think his marketing and political savvy border on genius.

Regardless of what you think of T. Boone Pickens and his Pickens Plan for reducing U.S. dependence on foreign oil, I can say without reservation this IS the way to move the conversation forward:



Not yet familiar with T. Boone and the Pickens Plan? Here's a link to the website. And here's The Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment